A few weeks ago Cassie over at The Veda House posted about little trinkets she holds on to. I thought it was a great idea and since I have an entire drawer of my desk packed full of
junk precious memories, I thought I’d share.
1. Flyer from a local show – guessing this was around 2002. I have A LOT of these, but they were the best memories so I can’t get rid of them.
2. Wristband from Warped Tour ’09 – Jenn and I spent the day sweating our asses off in the Planned Parenthood tent handing out condoms to kids. We sang along to NOFX and met Jay Bentley from Bad Religion on the way out of the show.
4. A book of sonnets that belonged to my great grandmother, given to me by my grandmother a few years ago.
5. First date. He tried to be sly and pretend he just happen to have tickets, but plan was foiled when he handed me a printed ticket with his name on it. Nice try ;)
6. Green Day show, 2002 – they ended their set by launching ping-pong balls and red confetti into the audience.
7. New Kids on the Block trading card circa 1989. Yes, I somehow still have these.
8. Ticket stub from my first plane ride – flew to Hartford, CT in 2009. Yes, it really was my first.
9. Rancid at St. Andrews Hall, 2006. Jenn and I lost our minds singing along and drooling over Tim Armstrong.
10. Wristband from a trip to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, 2004-ish. We were in Cleveland to see Reggie & the Full Effect and ran into him at a little pizza shop after the show.
11. Matches from Louie’s Bar in Pawley’s Island, South Carolina – our lunch spot during the girls shopping trip while we were on vacation three years ago.
12. Lunch token for Bamboozle ’08 – obviously I did not eat lunch >_<
13. My boss left this on my desk with an arrow pointing to my picture and a note asking for my autograph.
- – - – - – - – - -
Also – thank you to everyone who left a comment on my last post. Your words mean a lot to me and I really appreciate the support <304.06.11 in awesome, those were the days